THRUST AREA : NATIONALISM AND NATIONAL INTEGRATION
The Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Chair was set up on April 6, 2016 as a result of Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between Dr. Ambedkar Foundation, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India and the Registrar, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi. The Chair established in the Faculty of Social Sciences, BHU to pay tribute and constructive homage to the memory of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar and to promote research and disseminate ideas and practice of social justice in consonance with what Dr. Ambedkar stood for.
1. The main objective of the Chair is to provide well-equipped Centre of learning to intellectuals, academicians and students to undertake studies and research with an intention to understand, assess and disseminate the ideology and philosophy of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar particularly on subjects like Economics, Political Science, Religion, Philosophy, Constitutional Studies, Education, Social Work, Human Rights as well as other disciplines considered relevant for attainment of our national goal of social justice.
2. In each of these disciplines the focus of research and teaching will be the study of deprived sections of Indian society.
3. In achieving this objective, the Chair shall also undertake research and higher studies concerning the socio-economic and cultural life of the marginalized groups and other weaker sections of the society.
4. The Chair would strive to develop appropriate methodologies to translate Dr. Ambedkar’s ideology and philosophy into practical propositions and policy instruments.
1. Broadly the Chair shall serve as Centre of learning and research not only on the subjects concerning Dr. Ambedkar’s ideology and philosophy, but also on the issues concerning the socio-economic and cultural life of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Minorities, Backward Classes, and other Weaker Sections of the Society.
2. In pursuance of these objectives, the Chair will undertake research for understanding and disseminating the ideas of Baba Saheb Dr. B.R. Ambedkar.
3. These objectives shall be achieved not only by conducting research and teaching, but also by organizing Seminars, Symposia, Workshop, and other similar academic activities particularly on the proposed thrust area of ‘Nationalism and National Integration’.
MEMBERS OF THE CHAIR
Dr. Ambedker Chair: Professor Manjeet Chaturvedi
Advisory Committee: Professor Manjeet Chaturvedi
Contact - 9838625385
Contact - 9452186527
E-mail : email@example.com